UT00172 - Utility Work Gale Lemerand Drive
Utility upgrades in the vicinity of the intersection of Gale Lemerand Drive and Stadium Road are nearing completion of design, and construction is eminent. These improvements include:
- Installation of a new chilled water manhole in the intersection of Gale Lemerand Drive and Stadium Road
- Installation of 24" chilled water piping in Gale Lemerand Drive from the new manhole at Stadium Road to Bldg 719 (Materials Engineering)
- Construction of a new steam manhole along Stadium Road in the vicinity of Weil Hall
- Removal of the span-wire traffic signal and installation of mast arm traffic signals at Gale Lemerand Drive and Stadium Road
- Resurfacing of Gale Lemerand Drive from Museum Road to Stadium Road, including improvements to sidewalks, curb ramps, and bus facilities
Construction is scheduled to begin May 1st
and will be complete by August 14th
with crews working 6 days per week. The work will be continuous, but has been split into four Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Phases.
Phase 1 – Gale Lemerand & Stadium Road Closure – 6 – 8 weeks
This phase will include the construction of a temporary right turn lane from the southbound lane of Gale Lemerand Drive onto Stadium Road. All other traffic movements through the intersection will be blocked. Detours will be posted at Fletcher Drive, Woodlawn Drive, and Museum Road. Local traffic will be allowed to access parking and service areas at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium from Stadium Road, and the Tolbert Housing Area and College of Engineering Area from Gale Lemerand Drive. Deliveries to Gator Dining will be allowed from Stadium Road west of Gale Lemerand. Scooter parking will be impacted at Weil Hall.