To deliver all major capital construction projects for all units of the University and all minor capital construction projects on behalf of the Board of Education and the University. This includes the yearly development of the university Capital Improvement Plan for PECO, FECG, and CITF funding as well as all building, planning, programming, budgeting, A/E selection, project design, bidding, and construction management is done within specific guidelines and procedures developed for the Chancellor by the Board of Education Office of Facilities Planning. Working closely with the Board of Education Office of Facilities Planning and with local user groups, it is our job to assure that the best possible project is delivered in terms of function, quality, maintainability, and energy & water efficiency.
As part of our commitment to sustainability, we have set a high standard for all university new buildings and major and minor renovations. A policy that requires new projects to be designed with the goal of obtaining a minimum Gold Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) certification, which features strategies aimed at improving indoor air quality, energy savings, water efficiency, and CO2 emissions reduction.
To develop, implement and update a ten year Campus Master Plan for the entire University, including the Health Science Center and Shands Hospital, certain IFAS facilities, all Education and General, Auxiliary facilities and all Athletic Association facilities. The Plan is mandated by the State of Florida laws and is developed within strict Board of Governors' regulations and will serve as the basis for future project funding requests. This office serves as staff to the University Land Use and Facilities Planning Committee, Lakes Vegetation and Landscaping Committee, and Preservation of Historic Buildings and Sites Committee, which are advisory to the Vice President for Business Affairs and Economic Development for planning issues.
To operate and administer certain state-owned historic properties in downtown St. Augustine, including project management for minor and major construction projects. These properties are managed by UF to ensure their long-term preservation and interpretation while facilitating an educational program at the University of Florida that will be responsive to the state's needs for professionals in historic preservation, archaeology, cultural resource management, cultural tourism, history, and museum administration and will help meet needs of St. Augustine and the state through educational internships and practicum.
To maintain an up-to-date inventory of space usage, within prescribed categories, for all buildings on and off campus for all university units including the IFAS Research Stations. The information gathered is used as a basis for our operational funding as well as justification for new facility requests. The information gathered is key to the University of Florida's facilities planning and management including development of the campus and PO & M budget and PECO funding.
To provide the following services to the six colleges of the Health Science Center and Vice President for Health Affairs.
- Design Services - Minor Projects (up to $2,000,000) Design and construction documents are developed and managed by in-house staff.
- Construction Management - Minor Projects - project management of all aspects of renovation projects.
- Infrastructure Services - Planning, design and management of all improvements and upgrades to its facility infrastructure.
- Interior Design Services - Plans and prepares all layouts for all finishes, furniture, lighting improvements or changes according to HSC finish standards.
- Space Management and Planning - Maintain, develop and recommend changes in space allocations in support of the HSC colleges and support services.
- To continue to deliver the highest quality capital and minor projects within budget and on schedule while meeting the programmatic requirements of the projects and conforming with all Board of Educations' construction requirements and all applicable codes and ordinances.
- To coordinate the maintenance and update of a Campus Master Plan and ensure that it is followed by all units of the University in order to maintain a logical and controlled physical development.
- To provide leadership in coordination with the Board of Governors, City of Gainesville and the Alachua County Commission to successfully update the Campus Master Plan.
- To implement a campus-wide space tracking and decision-making system for use by university officers, committees and colleges in support of planning activities.
- To work with facilities-related committees to assure timely reviews and approvals of all phases of the planning and design of major and minor construction projects.
- To support university's sustainability mission in delivering high performance buildings and lead to support faculty in sustainability research and make Facilities Planning and Construction functions available for students' education.